Did You Know?
Certain lifestyle factors can affect fertility. According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and being overweight or underweight can all negatively impact fertility.
Stress can affect fertility. A study published in the journal of Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology found that women undergoing IVF who reported high levels of stress had a lower chance of pregnancy than those who reported lower stress levels.
Certain foods can boost fertility! According to a study published in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology, consuming foods high in antioxidants, such as berries, leafy greens, and nuts, may improve fertility in women.
Reducing exposure to environmental toxins can improve fertility. A study published in the Journal of Integrative Medicine found that exposure to environmental toxins, such as pesticides, heavy metals and other toxins found in everyday household items, can negatively impact fertility in both men and women. The study suggests that reducing exposure to these toxins can improve fertility!
Functional Fertility Program
Welcome to the Dr. Kate Truitt & Associates Functional Fertility Program! Whether you are thinking of starting a family, actively trying to get pregnant, or already going through a fertility program, family planning and pregnancy is a journey.
You may be proactively looking for a functional approach toward a healthy conception and pregnancy process. You may also be finding your journey is not unfolding quite as you had hoped. This exciting time in life is often filled with assumptions that things will go smoothly and easily. But for many, it can instead become a complex and even physically and emotionally painful process. No matter where you are on your fertility journey, taking a proactive role in your health and wellness empowers you as you look toward the next chapter of your life story.
Our Functional Fertility Program takes a holistic approach to building health. Guided by and supported each step of the way by Dr. Jill Philo, Traditional Naturopath and Functional Medicine Practitioner, our program focuses on:
- Maximizing health and fertility from a holistic, natural perspective;
- Identifying and addressing the root causes of physical and emotional concerns that may be impacting fertility;
- Coaching and ongoing support to help you navigate the many factors that can impact fertility, including diet, stress, lifestyle, and environmental influences.
If you’ve been thinking of getting pregnant, you may have completed a physical with your medical doctor and it is not uncommon to be told everything looks “normal” or you are “fine.” However, there are many factors that can impact fertility, conception, and pregnancy that may not show up in traditional medical testing. One of the key benefits of our program is that it provides education and a personalized plan that is tailored to your unique needs. This means that rather than simply recommending a one-size-fits-all plan, we will work with you to identify the specific factors that may be impacting your fertility and create a health plan that brings your body back into balance.
These factors and/or imbalances include:
- Nutritional deficiencies and general eating habits
- Stress levels
- Digestive health
- Environmental factors and Toxin exposure
- Insulin resistance
- Level of activity
Both men and women can find themselves experiencing fertility concerns. When this happens, they often lack support in navigating the stress from medical procedures, cost, and uncertainty about outcomes. Let us be with you in the journey.
Whether you are looking to proactively enhance your health and wellness in preparation for pregnancy or you are experiencing difficulty conceiving and investigating possible underlying factors, our Functional Fertility program maximizes both female and male fertility by addressing nutritional, lifestyle and psychological imbalances.
Our program unfolds in 2 Phases:
Phase 1: Functional Fertility Assessment – Your current state of health is an accumulation of actions, events, and environmental influences you have navigated over the course of your life. The Functional Fertility Assessment:
- Goes in-depth to identify the key factors that are impacting your health today;
- Assesses emotional health, stress and energy levels, blood sugar, sleep, toxicity, and digestion;
- Identifies the appropriate Functional Testing plan to clarify how your body is functioning, and where it needs additional support.
Phase 2: The information we get from your Functional Testing and assessment allows us to create your personalized health plan with a focus on rebuilding and supporting your body’s healthy function. In this phase we will:
- Learn from your own body the best food choices for you and develop a plan to support healthy gut function and well-being.
- Identify potential areas of toxicity revealed in your functional tests and put a plan in place to address it.
- Strategize sleep hygiene to ensure your body is able to improve energy levels and complete metabolic processes that take place only during sleep.
- Look at movement and exercise that is appropriate for you. This helps with circulation and fires up the lymphatic system.
- Build your Resilient Brain program to help you manage daily stressors and support a compassionate, resilient, and optimistic mindset.
Wherever you find yourself on your fertility journey, you are welcome here. Contact us today for your complimentary consultation to explore your next steps to vibrant health!
Visit our Living Your Excellence Blog
Are you ready for empowered change? It’s time to live your excellence. Choose from our articles below to explore how the latest advances in neuroscience create opportunities for harnessing the power of neuroplasticity, and create a space for inspiration to flow.